Janis in Brazil 1970

For talk about the OfficialJanis.com website and Boutique. Good things to say, or bad things to say (within reason!), here's the place.

Moderators: JWantz, Joplinmanagement, JanisLyn, SHY_BEAR

Janis in Brazil 1970

Postby mkae878 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:53 am

Click this link to read about,and see pictures of Janis In Brazil..................(there are 3 pages)

http://revistatrip.uol.com.br/81/janis/english2.htm
"am i on?".......J.Joplin 1970
mkae878

Re: Janis in Brazil 1970

Postby mb1970jj on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:06 am

I remember this from years ago. Great story
You know you got it,child if it is make you feel good............. Oh you wouldn't know what to do with it even if you got it baby!
A hahahahahahah
mb1970jj

Postby mkae878 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:45 am

Yes,i remember the photo's.....but this is the first time i have read it in English......and im just so delighted to read that she did sing in a club in Brazil during this trip......the only biog that mentioned it was Ellis Amburn's "Pearl"......and despite his rather dodgy book i used to like his description of Janis belting the blues in a tropical bordello :D

Now there is a name and address....a set list......and a review of sorts :D ................

:arrow: "New Holliday
at basement 73
Leme
Copacabana.

Ball and Chain
What'd i say

... her singing was sublime! The whole club stood up........ It was beautiful, glorious, total insanity. The whole club bought us drinks." :arrow: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
mkae878

Postby mb1970jj on Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:54 am

mkae878 wrote:Yes,i remember the photo's.....but this is the first time i have read it in English......and im just so delighted to read that she did sing in a club in Brazil during this trip......the only biog that mentioned it was Ellis Amburn's "Pearl"......and despite his rather dodgy book i used to like his description of Janis belting the blues in a tropical bordello :D

Now there is a name and address....a set list......and a review of sorts :D ................

at basement 73
Leme
Copacabana.

Ball and Chain
What'd i say

... her singing was sublime! The whole club stood up........ It was beautiful, glorious, total insanity. The whole club bought us drinks." :arrow: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

They have to include this if they ever do a movie about her life.
You know you got it,child if it is make you feel good............. Oh you wouldn't know what to do with it even if you got it baby!
A hahahahahahah
mb1970jj

Postby mkae878 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:08 am

mb1970jj wrote:
mkae878 wrote:Yes,i remember the photo's.....but this is the first time i have read it in English......and im just so delighted to read that she did sing in a club in Brazil during this trip......the only biog that mentioned it was Ellis Amburn's "Pearl"......and despite his rather dodgy book i used to like his description of Janis belting the blues in a tropical bordello :D

at basement 73
Leme
Copacabana.

Ball and Chain
What'd i say

Absolutly........imagine how amazing it must have been to be in that club that night..... :D .....wow :D
mkae878

Postby mb1970jj on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:15 am

mkae878 wrote:
mb1970jj wrote:

at basement 73
Leme
Copacabana.

Ball and Chain
What'd i say

Absolutly........imagine how amazing it must have been to be in that club that night..... :D .....wow :D

It must have been shocking.
A hahahahahahah
mb1970jj

Postby bed-of-ease on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:36 pm

Very cool article. Yeah, if they ever did a movie it would be nice if they would spend a few minutes on Brazil. By most accounts it seems like it was one of the happier times in her life...
"Do you hear that rhythm? Can you understand that rhythm?" -Janis Joplin, Honolulu 1970
bed-of-ease

Postby davidbru on Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:37 pm

The real Janis Joplin, in all her complexity and genuis. What a fascinating person she was :!: :D A great, great artist. :wink: Thanks, T. 8)
Her wonderous and generous spirit casts a long shadow over all of us.
"Dance like nobody's watching. Love like you'll never get hurt. Sing like nobody's listening, live like it's heaven on earth".
davidbru

Postby bed-of-ease on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:21 pm

Beautifully said, David. Much more eloquent than what I read in the comments sections of her YouTube videos. To a random user who called her a hippie bitch: "People will still be talking about Janis in 100 years. Who will remember you after ten minutes?" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Do you hear that rhythm? Can you understand that rhythm?" -Janis Joplin, Honolulu 1970
bed-of-ease

Postby JanisLyn on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:02 am

at basement 73
Leme
Copacabana.

Ball and Chain
What'd i say

A tropical bordello? I'm very curious to know what she was doing in that particular kind of establishment!? :lol: :P I love all the pics and the articles surrounding it..I'm sure there are alot of folks here that would'nt have seen that, so thank you very much for posting it afresh :D
"When I'm there, I'm not here.....I can't talk about my singing; I'm inside it. How can you describe something you're inside of?"
JanisLyn

Postby Lyon688 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:24 pm

Cool!!! :D
Thanks Tony :D :D :D
I'm always Lyon68

Since February 2004 Lol

BESIZE, HONEY, THIS JANIS' S TOUR SO... YOU BETTER PAY ATTENTION TO ME, MOTHERFUCKER!" Janis Joplin
Lyon688

Postby bed-of-ease on Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:19 pm

JanisLyn wrote: A tropical bordello? I'm very curious to know what she was doing in that particular kind of establishment!?
I know, very out of character, right? :wink:
bed-of-ease

Postby JanisLyn on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:48 am

Hhmm....maybe not THAT out of character I guess...she could be pretty wild from all accounts :D hehe
"When I'm there, I'm not here.....I can't talk about my singing; I'm inside it. How can you describe something you're inside of?"
JanisLyn

Postby gabe on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:41 am

nice to see this again......thanks for posting.
gabe

Return to Official Site Talk